Friday, June 28, 2013

Fast Track

Y'all, this home buying process is really moving now.  All I can say is Praise the Lord!


Tuesday I told you how they had scheduled the home inspection for next Tuesday...and that I couldn't wait.  Well guess what?!? I didn't have to! Tuesday evening our agent texted me.

 (By the way can I just say how much we love our agent?  I loved her before because I have known her forever, but she has just really been amazing through the whole process.  It takes patience to deal with these two new home buyers.)

She texted me Tuesday night and said she had a different inspector that could come....the next day!  So I jumped on the phone and called Jacob.  I had workshops an hour away on Wednesday and Friday this week so I knew I may not be able to be there so he definitely needed to be.  (Especially with his daddy the home improvement guru.) But, even better news...Tracie scheduled him late in the afternoon so I could make it too.  It was amazing. 


Then, on top of all of this good luck, we had the best inspector ever.  He was so nice and explained everything and just sung the praises of our new house.  (Which makes a home buyer feel really good since I am already really proud of it!)  Jacob's dad came and everything the inspector said was things he could fix. (Although it was just cosmetic stuff he was mentioning not anything that will actually be a problem.)  My mama also came so that we could measure windows. 

The whole thing was wonderful.  (I need a thesaurus apparently I believe I have said wonderful a million times!)  So our inspection is done.  We turned in our final loan disclosures yesterday.  We have to go sign one more paper today that had gotten left out somehow but the whole thing is going right along. 

Oh, and look at this beauty we got this week. (My dad and Poppy are trying to figure out exactly how to mount the top to the bottom in this picture.)  My great-great uncle (yeah) loves antiques and has all kind of things in a shed in the back of his house.  Well he had this beauty.  The top is great.  It has been refinished a dark wood color that I love.  The pedestal is not the original one, and it doesn't match right now.  But we will be refinishing it next week so match and we will have a nice dining room table.  (Which you can order leaves for this one so when there is a large group eating we will have room!

The appraisal should be happening in the next 5-10 business days.  (Hopefully closer to 5.)  Then, the underwriters will finalize everything and it will go over to the USDA.  (We are getting a USDA loan. )  The USDA is currently 3 weeks behind so that is where we are standing right now.  It is looking like we are 30-45 days away from closing.

Yes, Jacob is trying out furniture.
 
If you (Pamela since you are the only blog reader I am talking to you!) are the praying kind of person please pray that we will be closer to the 30 day mark.  Since we are both teachers it would just really be much less stressful to be in the house before school starts.  And Jacob is the football coach at his school (not sure I had mentioned that) and he will be practicing basically all day starting at the beginning of August.  So before school starts is really going to be helpful!
 


post signature

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amber, you crack me up! I'm still very excited for you guys and yes, I will pray that you will be in the house at just the right time for you (and that you will have patience in the meantime!).

Post a Comment